Pita chips! Making your own pita chips is so very easy, they taste amazing, and you can control what goes in them.
- 3 pieces of pita bread (whole wheat is delicious)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt (around a tablespoon)
- Add the crushed garlic to the olive oil and give it a stir.
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees and line it with foil if you’d like an easy clean-up.
- Place the pita bread rounds on a cutting board and brush both sides with olive oil. Spinkle both sides generously with salt. Use a sharp knife or a pizza wheel to cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Place the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- If you have any addition olive oil go head and brush it on the cut pita wedges until you use all of it.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with hummus. Lots and lots of hummus!
You can leave out the garlic if you’d like a plain pita chip, but I say long live the garlic. You can choose…
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 253.1mg
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 27.1g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: Snack, Pita Chips, Homemade, Healthy Snack