Healthy snacking just got tastier! Making your own Homemade Pita Chips is so very easy, they taste amazing, and you can control what goes in them.
Homemade Pita Chips
I adore hummus in all shapes and sizes, so when a whole case of it showed up on my doorstep last week I was over the moon. My kids, husband, and I gobbled up 2 whole containers in about 10 minutes and there isn't much left in the fridge now. The fine folks at Sabra sent the box my way and they have also agreed to send not one, but two of you a case of hummus of your very own. Best. Day. EVER! Just enter below.
And to go with such a fun giveaway we need a little something to dip in that fine hummus.
If you want to get fancy organic whole wheat pitas you can, you can be a true ninja and make your own pita bread, or if the plain whitey-white ones are my your style, great (but bonus points for choosing healthier options...)! I added some crushed garlic to my olive oil before brushing it on my pitas for more flavor, but it garlic isn't your love leave it out. You call the shots on this homemade pita chip recipe and I know you are going to love the end results.
Good thing I have a little more hummus in the fridge. These pictures are making me hungry.We have a hard time finding hummus in the middle of no where, so getting a box was a huge treat. When we can find it we normally can only find roasted garlic and the original (both delicious). I have tried making my own and it was good but it was no where near as creamy, flavorful, or convenient as a tub of Sabra. The roasted pine nut was the favorite of the whole family. It was so flavorful but not so intense that it turned off the kids. I'm pretty sure you are going to like all of the different types though; I've never met a Sabra hummus I didn't like.
There aren't too many entries and you get 5 entries just for clicking that green button (really, no other hoops to jump through). This giveaway isn't sponsored or anything, it's just me and a great company working together to give you a thank you and to spread some tasty product cheer. Blogging has a few perks and I think reading a blog should have a few perks too. You all are the best and I want you to know that!
What type of pita bread do I use to make pita chips?
You can use either, but in my opinion, whole wheat pita bread is an excellent choice to use.
What do I eat with hummus?
We love sugar snap peas, baby carrots, corn tortilla chips, and this recipe from CopyKat Recipes for homemade Crostini looks perfect! The Sabra hummus is gluten free too! I know that is important to lots of people, so store that little detail away.
Pita chips! Making your own pita chips is so very easy, they taste amazing, and you can control what goes in them.
- 3 pieces of pita bread (whole wheat is delicious)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt (around a tablespoon)
- Add the crushed garlic to the olive oil and give it a stir.
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees and line it with foil if you'd like an easy clean-up.
- Place the pita bread rounds on a cutting board and brush both sides with olive oil. Spinkle both sides generously with salt. Use a sharp knife or a pizza wheel to cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Place the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- If you have any addition olive oil go head and brush it on the cut pita wedges until you use all of it.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with hummus. Lots and lots of hummus!
You can leave out the garlic if you'd like a plain pita chip, but I say long live the garlic. You can choose...
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 253.1mg
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 27.1g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: Snack, Pita Chips, Homemade, Healthy Snack
Here's a few more healthy snacks you'll love:
- 10 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in Advance
- Healthy Black Bean Dip
- Healthy Snack Bars & naturally sweetened and good for you too!
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Homemade Snack Bars Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Fruit Dip
- Simple DIY Hummus Platter
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Healthy Black Bean Dip
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- 9 Simple Healthy Toast Ideas
I hope you try your hand at making your own Homemade Pita Chips. It is so easy, they taste amazing, and you can control what goes in them.