Homemade Peppermint Bark is the perfect homemade candy to make for the holidays! It's easy to make, looks beautiful and tastes like Christmas. It only needs 3 ingredients and a little time to let the chocolate set - it's the easiest holiday treat ever!
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chip (11.5 ounces)
- 1 package white chocolate chips (11.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Line a 9x9-inch square pan with parchment paper and set it aside (you can use a 9x13-inch pan for thinner bark).
- Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water, and place a glass or ceramic mixing bowl on top of the pan so that the bottom of the bowl is 1 to 2 inches from the top of the water. You are making a double boiler.
- Heat the water until just simmering. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the bowl, and stir very often until melted. Remove the bowl from the pan, and pour the chocolate into the prepared pan.
- Let the chocolate rest until it sets; depending on your kitchen temperature, this will take about an hour.
- After the semi-sweet chocolate sets up, using a clean bowl, add the white chocolate chips to the same double boiler method to melt. When the white chocolate chips are melted, add 1/4 cup of the crushed peppermint candy pieces, and stir to combine.
- Spread the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate, and then sprinkle the rest of the candies over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to rest another hour or until set.
- Remove the candy from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper as a handle. Break into pieces or cut with a knife.
- I like to break them into all different sizes of pieces.
- Store covered at room temperatures, and add to your favorite goodie plates, stir into hot cocoa, or eat as is as a little treat by the fire.
- You can buy a bag of crushed peppermint pieces if you like; it makes this recipe very easy!
- You can also use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Candy
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint bark, chocolate bark, peppermint candy, christmas candy, easy Christmas candy, homemade candy recipe, how to make peppermint candy