Quick and easy Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce using cream, chocolate cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla that makes a rich and smooth hot fudge topping for your favorite desserts.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="CDnfSjbJ" upload-date="2019-07-24T01:59:49.000Z" name="Hot Fudge" description="Quick and easy Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce using cream, chocolate cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla that makes a rich and smooth hot fudge topping for your favorite desserts." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dutch-process cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter over medium heat. When it starts to melt, add the chocolate, and stir continuously until they are both melted and combined.
- Add the cream and stir well.
- Add the sugar and the cocoa, and stir to combine. Let the mixture cook for about 1 minute or until the sugar dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and add the salt and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Use while still warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, and reheat on the stove before serving.
- This is a phenomenal semi-sweet chocolate hot fudge recipe. If you'd like it to be closer to a milk chocolate flavor, you can use semi-sweet or even milk chocolate in place of the unsweetened baking chocolate.
- Be sure to keep the stove temperature at medium and lower it if it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan. You don't want to scorch your chocolate, so keep an on it it and adjust the temperature as needed.
- This is splendid over ice cream and is also great over angel food cake with berries.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, hot fudge, fudge recipe, ice cream, dessert