Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars are quick, no-bake, and a perfect sweet and salty combination the whole family will love.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 cup chopped pretzels
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out a piece of parchment paper the width of a 9×13 inch baking dish. The paper can hang over the ends and then it’ll be easy to pull the goodies out of the pan to cut. Place the paper in the bottom of the dish.
- In a small sauce pan combine the butter, sugar, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring often, until it starts to bubble. Once it starts to bubble let the mixture cook for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, rice cereal, and broken pretzels. After the butter mixtures’ two minute cook time, pour the hot liquid over the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture evenly into the pan. The bottom of a measuring cups works well for this. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the granola bars and gently press them into place. Put the pan in the fridge to cool before cutting.
- To cut into bars remove from the pan by pulling on the over hanging parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut with a sharp knife.
- Store in the fridge or they get too sticky. They were SO tasty cold.
- You can easily half this recipe and put it in an 8×8 pan if you like.
- I’m addicted to Snyder’s of Hanover Butter Snap Pretzels and those are the ones shown. They are SO good in this.