Make this quick and easy cole slaw recipe with a homemade dressing, shredded cabbage and carrots, and some green onions. It's simple to make and perfect as a side to any meal.
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups thinly chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1.5 cups grated carrot (about 2 large)
- 5 green onions chopped (use white and green parts)
- Add the mayo, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, salt, and black pepper to a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl add the green cabbage, red cabbage, grated carrot, and green onions. Toss to combine.
- Just before serving add the salad dressing and stir to combine.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- This is a great side to fried fish and hush puppies or to go on or with a pulled pork sandwich!
- If you are traveling or wanting to make this ahead of time, don't add the dressing to the veggies. Prep the veggies and put them in a bowl and make the dressing and put it in a separate container. Mix them together just before serving.
- If you like a little sweet with your coleslaw feel free to add 1 grated apple to this recipe, I do that often and we love it.
- You can use a 14 ounce bag of coleslaw mix in place of chopping your own veggies for this recipe if you'd like.
- I know many folks don't like mayonnaise (I don't get it, but hey...) sour cream or plain Greek yogurt would be good substitutions for it in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: side
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coleslaw, how to make coleslaw, coleslaw recipe, easy coleslaw, KFC coleslaw recipe