These Homemade Candy Bar recipes, made with chocolate, marshmallows, nuts and more, make a delicious dessert! Just a mold and your microwave will help you create some truly tasty chocolate bars.
- Chocoley Chocolate-
- Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula - White
- Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula - Milk
- Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula - Dark
- Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Formula - Extra Dark
- Candy Bar Mold & Packaging
- Things to add to the chocolate bars- mini marshmallows, slivered almonds, dry roasted peanuts, crushed Oreo cookies, toffee bits, etc.
- Place the molds on a flat surface and add what you would like to them. My favorite combos were:
- Cookies and Cream: 1 to 2 crushed Oreo cookies in white chocolate
- Homemade Symphony Bar: scant 1/4 cup of both slivered almonds and toffee bits in milk chocolate
- Rocky Road: scant 1/4 cup of both mini marshmallows and dry roasted peanuts in dark chocolate
- Dark Mr. Goodbar: 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts in extra dark chocolate
- You really could add just about anything!
- Melt the chocolate according the directions that come with the package (they are great and really detailed!). Carefully drizzle a small amount of chocolate over the goodies in the mold. You'll add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chocolate per mold. Gently pick up the mold holding onto the edge and raise it off the surface you are working on 3 to 4 inches. Drop the mold so that it kind of smacks down on to the table. This helps the melted chocolate to settle into the cracks and it also gets air bubbles out. Continue to carefully drop the mold 4 or 5 times until things look settled. If you need to add a bit more chocolate do it now. Drop it another time or two to smooth out any chocolate you might have added.
- Repeat until you make as many chocolate bars as you'd like.
- Let the homemade candy bars rest at room temperature until completely set. This may take a few hours depending on the temperature in your house.
- Once the chocolate has set gently remove the mold and place the candy bar in the cellophane bag that came with the mold. Store according to the package directions for storing the Chocoley chocolate (in a cool place away from strong odors).
These were so much fun to make. I didn't do a lot of measuring when it came time to melt the chocolate. I just dumped some in the bowl (I used the double-boiler method for melting) and melted it. I used the melted chocolate in the mold and if I needed a little more, I'd melt a little more. It worked great. At the end of the batch, when I had a little left in the bottom of the bowl I scraped it out into a little cup and let my kids dip pretzel sticks in it. Best. Snack. Ever!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2-3 hrs
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate bars, candy bars, homemade candy bars, chocolate, homemade chocolate