Homemade Butterfingers are the most addictive candy bars, maybe ever. These bite-sized chocolate bars are great for a Halloween bash, but they are also great for your everyday chocolate cravings!
- 3 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups good quality chocolate - milk, dark, or even white!
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper (be sure to cover up the sides of the dish too), and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl melt the candy corn in the microwave. Melt it in 30 second spurts and stir it well in between each time. When it is completely melted add the peanut butter and stir to combine. Pour it into the prepared pan, spreading it out, and smoothing the top. Let the mixture cool completely, about an hour.
- When cool, remove the candy from the pan by pulling on the parchment paper. Place the parchment paper and candy on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the candy into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the chocolate and then dip each piece of candy completely into the chocolate. Remove and place on a piece of waxed paper until the chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
I like to use a double boiler to melt chocolate because I always ruin it in the microwave. Melt it how you please.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade butterfingers recipe, homemade chocolate bar recipe, how to make candy bars, butterfingers recipe, homemade candy recipe