These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth & are kid approved too! Made with a winning combo of cocoa, coconut & peanut butter.
Healthy Coconut No-Bake Cookies
Today’s healthier recipe for coconut no-bake cookies comes from my desire to have sweets but my goal to not have too many. I’m 30ish weeks along in my pregnancy and I’ve gained 40 pounds so far. That combined with the fact that I started out 10 pounds too heavy means that I’m feeling huge. I hit my all-time high adult weight last week and with months left to go, there’s no way I won’t pass it. I’d be lying if I said that it was all just part of pregnancy and I’m ok with it, because I’m not. Being overweight is really hard on me emotionally (and physically!).
Part of me feels like it isn’t my fault. I’ve tried really hard to be healthy and I stay pretty active, but my body is tired and hurts constantly thanks to some serious SPD that started months ago. By the end of most days, I have a hard time walking. That being said, I can’t give up completely! I’ve been trying to cut out all sugar and processed foods, including anything with refined grains, and eating a whole lot of vegetables. I’ve been doing great, but last Friday I really wanted a treat. I don’t normally love healthy treats, but I saw this Coconut No-Bake Cookie recipe on Minimalist Baker and I knew they were the treat for me. They were delicious but I was also satisfied with eating a cookie or two. And the plus side (even though I thought of it as a downside) is that my kids loved them. I also liked that it only made about a dozen cookies. Not too many sitting around, tempting me to eat them for breakfast.
What is coconut sugar?
Have you ever tried coconut sugar? Tiffany from Feel Great in 8 introduced me to it and I quite like it. It’s fairly expensive, so I don’t do major baking with it, but it’s nice to have on hand. It’s a pretty dark brown and is supposed to be full of vitamins and minerals. It’s not as sweet as traditional white sugar, but it also isn’t as processed. I like to use it to make kettle corn when I need an healthy sweet snack, and this is the second recipe I’ve used it in. It might be something fun for you to try if you see it at the store.
I don’t love coconut, should I make these cookies?
Not a coconut lover? I’d still try them. The coconut flavor is pretty subtle.
These no-bake chocolate coconut cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth & are kid approved too! Made with a winning combo of cocoa, coconut & peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or regular white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used a dark dutch-processed cocoa powered)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the coconut sugar, milk, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine well. Stirring often, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the head and stir in the coconut, oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine well. Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, place a tablespoon ball of the cookie mixture on a wax or parchment paper lined sheet. Repeat until all of the oat mixture is gone. Let the cookies sit for about 20 minutes to firm up and then enjoy within a day or two.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie recipe, coconut cookie recipe, chocolate cookie recipe, no bake cookie recipe
Check out these recipes if you are looking for a healthy but sweet treat:
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Applesauce Cookies
- 9 Energy Bites Recipes Everyone Needs
- Healthy Lower Calorie Brownies (still made with real ingredients)
- Easy Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake
- Easy Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Blueberry Muffin Date Balls (healthy, no-bake treat)
- My Favorite Blueberry Pecan Granola Bar Recipe
Enjoy these Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies that will satisfy your sweet tooth & are kid approved too! Made with a winning combo of cocoa, coconut & peanut butter.