Healthy No Bake Chocolate Cookies are easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth too. You can’t go wrong with the winning combo of cocoa, coconut & peanut butter.
Sometimes healthy cookies get a bad rap, but these are delicious for adults and kids alike. This recipe only makes about a dozen cookies so there aren’t too many sitting around trying to tempt you. These cookies also freeze well too.
Healthy No Bake Cookies
I was curious about the origin of no bake cookies because I have heard them called several different names. One name I haven’t heard no bake cookies referred to is Preacher Cookies. This name came about long ago when preachers used to make house calls to members of the congregation. It is said that housewives could look out the window and see the preacher coming from far way. These cookies are so quick to make that they would be ready by the time the preacher made it to the door. Hence the name!
These healthy no bake cookies are easy to make and a great recipe for beginner chefs. I love finding recipes that will give budding cooks confidence in the kitchen and this is certainly one of them. They can be made fast and you most likely have everything you need in your pantry too!
How long will it take for no bake cookies to harden?
The cookies will take about 20 minutes to harden up. If you are in a hurry, you can place them in the refrigerator to expedite that process.
Why did my no bake cookies not set?
The biggest culprit of no bake cookies not setting up is not letting the mixture boil long enough. The key is to make sure the mixture is at a rolling boil and then start a one minute timer. That should do the trick.
I don’t love coconut, should I make these cookies?
Not a coconut lover? I’d still try them. The coconut flavor is pretty subtle.
What is coconut sugar?
Have you ever tried coconut sugar? It’s fairly expensive, so I don’t do major baking with it, but it’s nice to have on hand. It’s a pretty dark brown and is supposed to be full of vitamins and minerals. It’s not as sweet as traditional white sugar, but it also isn’t as processed. I like to use it to make kettle corn when I need an healthy sweet snack, and this is the second recipe I’ve used it in. It might be something fun for you to try if you see it at the store.Print
These no-bake chocolate coconut cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth & are kid approved too! Made with a winning combo of cocoa, coconut & peanut butter.
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or regular white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used a dark dutch-processed cocoa powered)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup salted natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the coconut sugar, milk, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine well. Stirring often, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the head and stir in the coconut, oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine well. Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, place a tablespoon ball of the cookie mixture on a wax or parchment paper lined sheet. Repeat until all of the oat mixture is gone. Let the cookies sit for about 20 minutes to firm up and then enjoy within a day or two.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie recipe, coconut cookie recipe, chocolate cookie recipe, no bake cookie recipe
Check out these recipes if you are looking for a healthy but sweet treat:
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Applesauce Cookies
- 9 Energy Bites Recipes Everyone Needs
- Healthy Lower Calorie Brownies (still made with real ingredients)
- Easy Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake
- Easy Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Blueberry Muffin Date Balls (healthy, no-bake treat)
- My Favorite Blueberry Pecan Granola Bar Recipe
Everyone will enjoy these Healthy No-Bake Cookies that are easy to make and delicious to boot! Enjoy from my kitchen to yours.