- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups milk
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. While the pan is heating, make your pancake batter.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, vanilla, maple, eggs, and the lesser amount of milk. Whisk to combine. If your batter is too thick add the rest of the milk and stir to combine. Add the zucchini and stir.
- Butter the hot pan and cook 1/2 cup of the batter at a time, flipping once, until both sides are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes hot with additional maple syrup and butter.