Quick, easy, and healthy Roasted Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos made with roasted sweet potatoes, eggs, avocado and bacon. This recipe is done in 20 minutes and the perfect breakfast for dinner meal.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Chopped bell peppers
- Grated cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- Diced avocado
- Freshly cooked tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the chopped sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil (about a tablespoon). Use your hands to toss the sweet potatoes a bit so that they get coated with the oil. Sprinkle well with salt. Bake until the potatoes are tender and starting to brown on the bottom, about 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, scramble and cook the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make your breakfast burritos add some roasted sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, bell pepper, cheese, and avocado to a warm cooked tortilla and enjoy. This is also excellent with a salsa verde. My kids like ketchup in their breakfast burrito.
If you are going to roast one sweet potato, you might as well roast a second on the same pan… I like to throw the roasted sweet potato in salads later or in eggs in the morning. It’s always nice to have some already cooked in the fridge.
This is also delicious with some crumbled cooked bacon in it.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 961.6mg
- Fat: 21.2g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 376.7mg
Keywords: Breakfast, Eggs, 30 minute meal, Sweet Potatoes