Vegan pumpkin muffins made with oats, real maple syrup and whole wheat flour are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or a dinner side!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, egg, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine well. In a large bowl, add the soda, salt, cinnamon, flour, and oats. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix here.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with additional oats. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
If you want these to taste more like dessert, try adding in 1 cup of good chocolate chips. Pumpkin and chocolate are always a good idea in my book.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Sodium: 220.5mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: Breakfast, Side, Vegan, Healthy, Pumpkin