This Healthy One Pot Quinoa Taco Casserole is a versatile dish that comes together without much work, all in one pot! It’s the perfect dinner recipe for those busy weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet bell pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (15-ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with the juice (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet add the oil, onion, and bell peppers. Cook over medium high heat until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and continue to cook over medium high heat until the quinoa us cooked, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the avocado, lime juice, and cilantro. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and serve right away.
- You can serve this dish its own just as it is but it’s also excellent with a little cheese and sour cream on top, used as a taco filling, on top of baked potatoes, in taco salad, or even to dip tortilla chips in.
This recipes is very flexible. You can use the type of quinoa you like (red, black, white, or a blend), as well as the type of beans your prefer (black and small red beans are also great in this).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: Serves 4 to 6
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 402.1mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbohydrates: 61.6g
- Protein: 13.7g
Keywords: quinoa recipe with veggies, vegan quinoa recipe, easy quinoa recipe, best quinoa recipe, easy vegan dinner recipe, easy vegan dinner, easy vegan recipe, easy healthy vegetarian recipe, healthy vegan recipe, healthy vegetarian recipe