These Chickpea Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a sweet and delicious treat with a nutty flavor and melted dark chocolate!
- 1–1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and then dried (paper towel works great)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the chickpeas, vanilla, peanut butter, honey, baking powder, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Mix or pulse the chocolate chips into the mixture. The dough will be sticky.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup. The cookies won’t change shape much when baking. Place the balls on a baking mat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes on the baking sheet and then remove them and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, chickpea cookies, easy peanut butter cookies, easy peanut butter cookies recipe, healthy peanut butter cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies, healthy cookies recipe