This Healthy Banana Waffles Recipe makes light and fluffy waffles. It has plenty of fiber to fill you up and is naturally sweetened with bananas!
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn on your waffle iron and allow it to preheat.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork until they are well mashed and make a smooth paste.
- Add the applesauce and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and combine.
- Add the oats, wheat flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer instructions for your waffle iron.
- Serve with fresh banana slices, pure maple syrup, or honey.
- Be sure to use cooking spray on your waffle iron if needed. There is no oil in the recipe and they tend to stick badly in my waffle maker if I don’t spray it with cooking oil first.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana waffles, homemade waffles, how to make banana waffles, healthy waffle recipe, easy waffle recipe, healthy banana waffles, how to make waffles