My famous alphabet soup is super easy to make, packed with vegetables, kid-approved, and done in 30 minutes or less.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton vegetable or chicken broth (32 ounce)
- 1 can tomato sauce (14.5 ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 can green beans (14.5 ounce), drained
- 1 can peas and carrots (14.5 ounce), drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn (14.5 ounce), drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bag alphabet noodles (7 ounce)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and onion over medium-high heat until the onion is cooked through and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with the juice), green beans, peas and carrots, corn, parsley, basil, and salt.
- Continue to heat until the mixture is boiling. Add the alphabet noodles and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to rest for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy right away.
- This soup is pretty thick, just the way I like it. If you’d like it less thick, add a second can of water or up to two more cups of broth, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- You can find the alphabet letters near other pasta or in the Hispanic foods section of the grocery store.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup, vegetables, kid food, easy dinner, ABC soup, alphabet soup recipe, vegetable soup recipe