- 4 8-inch tortillas
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2/3 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- Mustard or ranch for dipping
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet on the stove-top over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board, spread half of the ham, cheese, and then bell pepper over the tortilla. Place a second tortilla over ham, cheese,and bell peppers. Carry the quesadilla on the plate or cutting board over to the hot pan and carefully slide it onto the hot pan.
- Let the tortilla cook for a minute or so, until lightly browned, and then carefully flip it over and cook on the other side. The goal is to have warm meat and melted cheese without burning the tortillas, so keep an eye on things and lower the heat if the tortillas are cooking too fast, or if your stove tends to cook hot, start with a lower temperature.
- Remove the warm quesadilla from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a knife or pizza roller, cut the queadilla into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Serve right away with mustard or ranch for dipping.
White or whole wheat tortillas, you choose.
Cheddar, Swiss, and pepper-jack are all great cheese choices.