Quick and easy Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets take about 10 minutes to put together and can be grilled, baked, or cooked on an open fire. If you're looking for a fast but hearty dinner, this recipe is a contender for sure.
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh herbs, optional
- 8 ounces fully cooked sausage links, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 of a small red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ears of corn, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter, garlic, and herbs until the butter is melted and the garlic fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Tear off 8 sheets of foil about 12 -14 inches long. Double up the foil by stacking two pieces on top of each other. Brush a bit of the butter mixture in the center of each piece of foil (just the top piece, so you are working with 4 pieces of foil - 2 pieces of foil thick, each).
- Evenly distribute the sausage, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, corn, and zucchini between each of the foil packets. Brush the additional butter over the vegetables and sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Draw two opposite ends of the foil up and fold it over and then fold each end (you want to seal the food inside, making a packet).
- Grill over medium-high heat for 15-18 minutes (flipping once), bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or cook in hot campfire coals for about 12 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the temperature at which you are cooking - when the potatoes are tender the foil packets are ready.
- Carefully open the foil packets and enjoy while still hot.
- I like to use precooked sausage for this recipe. You can use anything from smoked sausage, kielbasa, Italian, or apple chicken sausages. I have used all kinds of sausage for this recipe with great success.
- You can use just about any fresh herbs that you might have on hand. I use parsley, oregano, and basil most often (a combination of all three is great).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake, Grill, Campfire
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled sausage recipes, easy dinner recipes, quick dinner recipes, fast dinner recipes, sausage and vegetables recipe, grilled sausage, grilling recipes, sausage foil packs, sausage and vegetable foil pack recipe, how to make foil packs