Grilled honey lime chicken breast is bright, sweet, and smoky, and is just as delicious on its own as a main dish as it is on top of salads, tacos, or anything else!
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 large or 6 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add all the ingredients to a large sealable plastic bag, close the top, and turn it over in your hands until the marinade is well-blended and all of the chicken is evenly covered.
- Lay the bag in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, and put it in your fridge. Let the chicken marinade in the fridge for anywhere between 4 hours to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the grill to medium for 10 minutes. Drop the temperature down to medium-low, place the chicken on grill, and cook with lid closed for 5 to 8 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill, and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tips for grilling: Keeping the grill lid shut while cooking at a lower temperature is a must, and don't keep flipping the meat. Plan on flipping once while cooking, and leave it alone in between.
- I HIGHLY recommend using a meat thermometer, too, because numbers don't lie. I overcook my meat a lot less when I get it up to the right temperature, and just take it off. No need to keep cooking because you want to be on the safe side when you know what's happening inside that piece of meat!
- This chicken is great on it's own as a main, on top of salads, and even chopped up and used in tacos.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled chicken, chicken recipe, easy dinner recipe, chicken dinner, chicken breast, grilling