Today I’m partnering with California Avocados and I’m so excited! I very literally am the one who contacted them and asked if they’d like to work together. I am an avocado lover and I know that California Avocados are in season right now, so it only make sense that we meet in the middle to bring you all one easy, healthy, party-perfect Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad. This. Is. Summer!
Perfect Summer Salad
I adore avocados for so many reasons. I love that they have over 20 vitamins and minerals, including those great B vitamins (help fight infection/disease), folate (used for cell repair), and potassium (helps control blood pressure). Plus, they are loaded with healthy fats and fiber. Sure, you can use them in the ever popular guacamole, but there’s so many other awesome ways to use delicious in-season California avocados. I love using avocado in egg salad for creaminess, it’s perfect on all sandwiches, and you’ll love sliced avocado on this simple baked omelet dish.
I’ve been on a fun diet the last 10 days and lucky for me, you can eat avocados! The first few days, I struggled with feeling hungry, so I started throwing half of an avocado in my smoothie in the morning and eating the other half with my dinner at night. Now I’m not getting hungry during the middle of the night (that’s the worst, isn’t it?). I’m on Team Avocado, especially when I’m eating really healthy.
I’ve had a few people ask me to share tips and tricks in regards to avocados. Here is a great article on how to select, ripen, cut, and store California Avocados.
While the grill is hot, you could grill up some fish or honey lime chicken while you are out there. They’d be delicious with this salad. Add a side of watermelon, and you have yourself one very summery yet simple meal in less than 20 minutes. If you are feeling really fun you might even have “Dinner en Green” dinner party! It wouldn’t have to be anything fussy, you could have it on a picnic table by a lovely green field, add a few fresh flowers and some green Ball jars to sip fresh lemonade out of and you’ll be ready to go. See how pretty and easy this is! Oh man, I feel a party coming on.
When it comes to grilling sweet corn, I like to put it right on a hot grill with nothing else. I tried a few brushed with oil, but they seemed to burn more than cook. When you leave the corn on the hot grill it cooks, chars, and sweetens in all the right ways. It’s a beautiful sweet and crunchy base for this salad. The sweet acidic tomatoes + creamy California Avocados + a little heat and some cilantro are a perfect pair. You are going to eat this again and again; take it to your next summer party, and you’ll get rave reviews.Print
This simple salad is sure to be a favorite all summer long and comes together in under 20 minutes!
- 6 ears of sweet corn
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe California Avocados, sliced or cubed
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine or rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Shuck the corn and remove any extra silks. Place the corn on the grill and let it cook, blister, and char for about 8-10 minutes (turning every few minutes). Bring the corn in and let it cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle cut it from the cob with a sharp knife. Add the corn to a serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, California avocados, jalapeno, and cilantro. Toss lightly to combine without breaking up the corn too much or smashing the avocado.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, and some salt and pepper (I’d start with a 1/2 teaspoon of each). Whisk to combine and drizzle over the corn salad. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve right away.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 597.5mg
- Fat: 19.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: Grill, Salad, Summer Cooking, Avocado, Grilled Corn, Eat Seasonally
Want To Save This Recipe?
Check out this list for more salad and avocado goodness:
- Avocado Egg Salad
- South of the Border Avocado Toast
- Avocado Bruschetta and Other Awesome Tailgating Recipes
- The Best Chicken Tostada Recipe
- Thai Chopped Salad with the Best Peanut Dressing
- Easy Apple Cabbage Salad with Pecans
- Easy Apple Spinach Salad with an Apple Vinaigrette
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad is the perfect simple side to serve all summer long! It comes together in a snap and all of the ingredients are in season and delicious right now.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with California Avocados, but my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Bless this Mess possible.