Perfectly seasoned with lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika, these crave-able Grilled Chicken Tacos are the most satisfying and simple meat you’ll ever grill.
- 2 pounds trimmed boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large (gallon) resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the bag. Work the chicken a bit so that it is all evenly covered. Rub the marinade all over the chicken.
- Place the bag in the the fridge, and let the chicken marinade for 1 to 6 hours.
- Preheat your grill on high for 5 minutes.
- Use a brush to scrape the grates well, and then lightly oil the grates (I foil a paper towel up and dip it in a bit of oil and then use tongs to rub it on the grates).
- Place the chicken on the grill, reduce the heat to medium, and close the lid. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip the chicken over, and cook for an additional 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. (The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165 degrees F. when you remove it from the grill.)
- Let the chicken rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Serve in warm tortillas with your taco toppings of choice.
- This little $10 thermometer will change your grilling game! No more guessing if the meat is done (and overcooking it “just to be safe”). I highly recommend getting one.
- You can use chicken breast for this recipe, but boneless skinless thighs are SO good. I’m here to convert you. After you slice it, no one can tell it’s dark meat, and it’s so much more tender and flavorful than breast meat.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: chicken tacos, grilling, grilled chicken, easy dinner, chicken