Fire up the grill and make grilled butternut squash in a foil packet for a super simple side that’s perfect for fresh summer meals!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1–2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pieces of foil, 18 inches long each
- Place the cubed butternut squash (about 4 cups) in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with melted butter or olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Use your hands or a spoon to stir well so that the squash get coated evenly with the butter/oil.
- Place the two pieces of foil on top of each other so that they are layered over one another. Place the butternut squash in the center.
- Pull the two short sides up together, and fold them down. Fold up the other two ends to seal the squash into a foil packet.
- Grill over medium-low to medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Serve with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: side
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: butternut squash, roasted butternut squash, butternut squash recipe, grill, grilling, healthy, vegetable, side