Think Greek Quinoa Salad is high in protein and will keep you full for hours. Perfect side salad for any occasion.
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (makes roughly 3 cups cooked)
- 1 baby cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 1/2–1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2–3/4 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1/2–3/4 cup baby spinach, torn or sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (Kalamata or black olives)
- 2–4 tablesppons finely minced red onion
- a few pepperoncini for garnish, sliced if you like
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (more or less, to taste)
- 1–2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare the quinoa. Rinse quinoa in a strainer, then add to a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add a lid to the pot and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or till water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool a bit.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the dressing together.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a liquid measuring cup or small bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Taste and add additional honey, oregano, salt or pepper to taste.
- When quinoa is slightly cooled, toss it with the vinaigrette, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, spinach, and olives.
- Add a few peperoncinis for good measure, and refrigerate until the whole mixture is nice and chilled.
- Serve cold as a side or main dish.
- This is the most flexible salad ever and I LOVE IT! Add more veggies, add ones you have or like, don’t add what you don’t like. Sometimes if I’m not wanting to put the dressing together I’ll just use a bottle vinaigrette, so easy! Make it your own and love every minute of it.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 5 as a side
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 59.7mg
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.3mg
Keywords: Quinoa, Healthy, Greek Salad, Side Dish, Vegan, Vegetarian, quinoa salad, quinoa recipe, quinoa salad recipe, how to make quinoa salad