Gooey Marshmallow Popcorn with Chocolate is a treat your whole family will love! This is the perfect Christmas dessert but, of course, it tastes good all year round!
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Christmas colored M&M's
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the popcorn and mini marshmallows together and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes while stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla. Let the mixture cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and marshmallows and stir well until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes, and the add the M&Ms, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Stir lightly to combine and then turn the mixture onto waxed paper to cool.
- Let it cool completely before enjoying.
- The goal is to not let the hot popcorn melt the chocolates, so if you need to wait longer than 2 or 3 minutes then do that. My kitchen is super cold and so it cooled pretty quickly. You need to stir the chocolates and sprinkles in before it cools too much though, or they won't stick.
- Feel free to half the recipe if you don't need tons.
- Add more chocolate if you think it needs it; the recipe is yours to play with.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert popcorn, best homemade popcorn, Christmas popcorn, Christmas popcorn recipe, best popcorn recipe, popcorn ideas, Christmas dessert ideas