French Silk Pie combines smooth chocolate, a flaky pie crust and fresh whipped cream to create a decadent pie. It is one of the easiest and yummiest homemade pies to make.
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups white granulated sugar, divided
- 1 Oreo pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- In a large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or electric mixer to whip 1½ cups of the heavy cream and the vanilla into stiff peaks. Set the whipped cream aside.
- In another bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Microwave the ingredients on 30-second intervals, stirring the mixture thoroughly after each interval. Continue to microwave mixture until the ingredients are completely melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs until homogenous. Add 1½ cups of sugar and whisk again until it is fully incorporated into the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl with the whipped cream and fold the two mixtures together gently until homogenous.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place in the freezer for 6 hours.
- After the pie has chilled, whip the remaining cream and sugar to stiff peaks and spread over the top of the pie.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can store this pie in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also store this pie in the fridge, but the pie filling will be less stable and harder to slice into clean servings.
- If you want a richer chocolate flavor, you can use dark chocolate chips and if you want a sweeter flavor, you can use milk chocolate.
- This pie filling is very smooth and creamy.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy french silk pie, no bake french silk pie, how to make french silk pie