French Bread Pizza is the easiest homemade pizza out there and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Forget about making pizza dough-the French bread is the crust!
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the French bread in half so that it’s split from end to end and you have two long pieces.
- Place the pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet with the cut sides up.
- Put in the hot oven for 5 minutes to lightly toast the bread (this help the bread to not get soggy once you add the sauce).
- Remove from the oven and top both sides with 1/2 cup pizza sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese. Add any additional toppings you would like.
- Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 3 minutes. Slice into 2 inch wide pieces and serve hot.
- This recipe is so flexible! Use what topping you like or have on hand.
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make french bread pizza, french bread pizza, french bread pizza recipe, easy pizza recipe