My fluffy chocolate chip waffles are perfectly soft and airy with just the right touch of chocolatey sweetness, thanks to two very simple secret weapons that you must try!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat you waffle iron as directed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine. Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a second medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks, oil, and milk to the well, and use the whisk to slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir well until very few lumps remain.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites, taking care not to over-mix.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite toppings, such as buttermilk syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
- Mini chocolate chips are so light that they get caught in the extra fluffy waffle batter and don’t sink to the bottom or get stuck on your waffle iron. The whipped egg whites and the mini chocolate chips are the perfect combination for the best chocolate chip waffles.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fluffy waffles, how to make waffles, how to make chocolate chip waffles, best waffle recipe, easy waffle recipe, waffle recipe, chocolate chip waffle recipe, homemade waffles,