This easy rich and fudgy flourless chocolate cake recipe is made with common ingredients and done in less than 30 minutes. Learn to make this tasty gluten free dessert.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter (3/4 of a cup or 12 tablespoons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by greasing it well and adding a round layer of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of tin foil snuggly around the bottom of the springform pan to catch any leaks.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave in intervals, stirring often, until the butter is hot and melted and the chocolate is melted completely. Allow the mixture to cool for a a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and the cocoa and stir well to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition to create a smooth and shiny batter.
- Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Place the batter in the prepared pan and set the pan on a baking dish, making sure the foil is tight around the outside of the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top forms a crust. Cake will be a bit jiggly (but not sloshy) and still runny in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 20-30 minutes before serving (this helps it to slice pretty, but you can let it sit for as little as 10 minutes).
- Run a knife around the edge of the spring form pan before removing the edge.
- This dish is great served hot or cold. I love it all the ways. Serving it with whipped cream of ice cream is a must, as it is very rich. You can also serve it with fresh berries, a chocolate or mint-chocolate ganache drizzled over it, a dusting of powdered sugar, or even a raspberry sauce.
- You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips; it all depends on how dark and rich you like your chocolate desserts.
- If you use a smaller spring form pan you’ll need to cook the cake longer. I had to cook it an additional 8 minutes when using an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 55g
- Sodium: 65.5mg
- Fat: 27.1g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 185.5mg
Keywords: Chocolate cake, Cake, Easy cake recipe, gluten free cake, Gluten free cake recipe, Fudgy chocolate cake, flourless chocolate cake, best chocolate cake recipe