This delicious classic cranberry sauce pairs fresh cranberries with oranges for one delicious side.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries (16 ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (juice of one orange)
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 oranges, peel removed and then chopped into small pieces
- Dash of salt
- Add the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, and maple syrup to a medium pan. Place the pan over medium heat and let it slowly come to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer until the liquid starts to thicken a bit and most of the cranberries pop, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in your chopped orange pieces and a dash of salt.
- Let this stand at room temperature until thickened, and then serve cold or at room temperate.
This relish is so good! I think of it as more of a garnish than it's own dish though, and we eat it on top of our turkey or with pork roast/loin/chops. A little goes a long way. This freezes very well, so what you don't eat, freeze for later. This is sweet, tart, bright, and delicious. If you like your cranberry sauce spiced, feel free to add what you like. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves would all be excellent in this.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry sauce recipe, easy cranberry sauce, easy cranberry sauce recipe, orange cranberry sauce, easy orange cranberry sauce, Thanksgiving cranberry sauce