Savory and simple but magical! This five ingredient side dish is made by searing carrots in cast iron for lots of flavor.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds carrots (about 8 medium to large sized carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and trim your carrots. Cut them into 3-4 inch pieces and cut them in half as needed. The goal is to have carrot pieces that are similar in size so that they cook uniformly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large cast iron or oven proof skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the carrots, cut side down.
- Let the carrots sear until charred, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and turn the carrots over so that the seared side is up.
- Place the pan in the oven and let the carrots bake until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
These would be delicious with a little bit of good hard cheese, like Romano or Parmesan grated on top just before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: can seared carrots, pan seared carrot recipe, how to cook carrots, thanksgiving side dish, easy vegetable recipe, easy veggie recipe