Bless you, delicious five ingredient side of green beans. You’ll be making this dish over and over again, not just at Thanksgiving.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each black pepper and kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of salt.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and let them cook for 2-4 minutes, until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Remove the green beans from the boiling water and stick them in a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking process). This method is called blanching the beans.
- It’s great because it works really well for cooking beans thoroughly, but you can still add flavor on the stove top. Don’t skip this step.
- When the beans are cold, dump them into a strainer and then pat them dry with a clean tea towel.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter.
- When the butter melts, add the minced garlic and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the green beans, salt, and pepper, and stir to coat the green beans in the butter and garlic mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the green beans are hot and well-coated in the butter. Adjust the salt to taste and serve right away.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Green beans recipe, best green beans recipe, salted green beans, salted green beans recipe, thanksgiving side dish, thanksgiving recipe ideas, buttery green beans