Quick and easy grain free crackers made with mozzarella cheese and almond flour. You won’t believe how delicious these are!
- 2 cups bagged shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups blanched almond flour
- salt to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon is a good place to start)
- 1/2 teaspoon flavoring of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl (a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup works well), add the mozzarella cheese and microwave on high for one minute.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir, and microwave again for 3 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and add the cream cheese, egg, and almond flour. Stir it together quickly while the cheese is still hot.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and use a sharp knife or pizza roller to cut the dough into squares.
- Place the squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat.
- Bake in hot oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over all of the crackers, and bake for 5 more minutes until the crackers are golden brown on each side.
- Let them cool completely on the pan. Store in an air-tight container.
- Store-bought shredded cheese seems to work better than grating a block on your own.
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: low carb
Keywords: low carb, keto, grain free, crackers, cheese, cream cheese, gluten free, healthy snack ideas