This Farmhouse Egg Bake is one of my favorites to make in the summer because I can produce a large percentage of the ingredients. It’s full of vegetables, eggs, cheese and the best part is that it only takes 30 minutes to get this on the table.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 medium zucchini grated, around 2 cups
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounce Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat (10 or 12 inch skillet). Add the oil or grease and all of the chopped veggies. Cook until the veggies are soften and any extra liquid has cooked off, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper, Whisk until well combine. Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, a heavy bottomed oven-safe skillet will work. If you don’t have any oven-safe skillets you can spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add the cooked vegetables in an even layer in the bottom of the dish and then pour the egg mixture over the top, cook as directed.
If you can’t find Cabot Farmhouse Reserve, sharp cheddar can be substituted.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 706mg
- Fat: 30.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 586.7mg
Keywords: Breakfast, Egg Bake, 30 Minute Meal, Breakfast Casserole, Farm Fresh, Vegetables