This Extra Thick Pumpkin Cake is the ultimate dessert recipe for pumpkin lovers! It’s dense, super moist, and all around delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Freshly whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish well.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the pumpkin and beat well to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the evaporated milk, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well. Add the yellow cake mix and mix well to combine.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and cook until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly touched, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cake, pumpkin cake recipe, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin dessert recipe, easy pumpkin dessert, easy pumpkin recipe, pumpkin recipe, moist cake recipe