These extra light and fluffy homemade waffles are a delicious breakfast recipe made with simple ingredients and an easy technique you’ll love!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat your waffle iron as directed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine. Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a second medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks, oil, and milk to the well, and use the whisk to slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir well until very few lumps remain.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites, taking care not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite topping, such as buttermilk syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic waffles, waffle recipe, best waffle recipe, easy waffle recipe, breakfast ideas, how to make waffles, homemade waffles, traditional waffle recipe, fluffy waffle recipe, basic waffle recipe,