Extra Crunchy Baked Chicken Strips are a delicious spin on fried chicken strips, without the splatter on your stovetop (score!). The Fire Roasted Vegetable flavor of Milton's crackers brings the crunch and full flavor to this seriously delectable dish.
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken strips (or breasts cut into 1.5-inch wide strips)
- 1 bag Milton's Gluten Free Fire Roasted Crackers (4.5 ounce)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 large eggs
- Add 2 cups of cold water to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, and stir to dissolve. Submerge chicken in brine, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the crackers by opening up the bag and removing any extra air. Smash the crackers while they are inside the bag to create crumbs (you can smash them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a cup if needed). You'll need about 2 cups of cracker crumbs. Add the crumbs to a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (to make clean up easier), and set a wire baking rack on top of the prepared pan. Spray the baking rack lightly with cooking oil.
- Combine the flour, onion powder, and granulated garlic in a shallow dish.
- Beat the eggs in a second shallow dish.
- Working with a piece at a time, toss the chicken in the flour, dip it in the eggs, and then coat with the cracker crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken strips on the wire rack in the pan; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving hot.
- It's so fun to change up the flavor of your chicken strips with different flavors of crackers. I loved the fire roasted vegetable flavor, but any Milton's crackers will make great crumbs for this recipe.
- If cooking gluten free isn't a concern, feel free to substitute all-purpose flour for the gluten free flour.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, baked chicken, chicken strips, gluten free, easy dinner