Quick, easy, and healthy turkey pumpkin chili recipe made with ground turkey, canned tomatoes, pumpkin puree, beans, and lots of hearty spices.
- 1 pound ground turkey (or other ground meat)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounce)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups cooked beans, such as pinto
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- additional toppings such as sour cream, minced fresh cilantro, grated cheese, hot sauce, optional
- In a large pan or cast iron dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat, cook the ground turkey and onion until the turkey is cooked through and the onion is very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato juice, chicken stock, cooked beans, pumpkin puree, chili powder, salt, smoked paprika, and cumin. Stir to combine well.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with additional toppings of your choice.
- This recipe work great in the slow cooker! Just cook the meat, onion, and garlic as directed and then add it to your slow cooker. Stir everything else in and let it cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- You can let this simmer for longer than 15 minutes if you have the time – just add a lid so that all of the moisture doesn’t escape. If it does get too thick, you can also add a little more chicken stock to reach your desired thickness.
- You can use ground turkey, chicken, beef, or even elk or deer in this recipe. Use what you like or have on hand.
- I used pinto beans – use what you like. You can also use a mix of beans. I like to cook dried beans in my Instant Pot and keep them in 2-cup portions in my freezer.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop or Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chili recipe, pumpkin chili recipe, pumpkin dinner recipe, slow cooker chili recipe