Spanish Rice made in the rice cooker with a few simple ingredients – just dump, mix, set it & forget it! An easy recipe cooker recipe your family will love!
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice (14-ounce )
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons Better than Bouillon
- 1–3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin or smoked cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the rice in the bottom of the rice cooker and then add the diced tomatoes and water. Add the onion and spices and stir a little on the top to dissolve the spices in the water.
- Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the rice is cooked, test for salt and add more if needed.
- Serve as a side dish or inside your favorite burritos and tacos.
- I use brown rice often and increase my water by one cup. The Spanish rice in the pictures was made with brown rice and I bet you didn’t even notice. Your family won’t either.
- You can use chicken or vegetable stock in place of the bouillon and water. T
- he amount of chili powder you use is going to depend on how much you like. I’d try it with 2 tablespoons first and then you can go up or down from there depending on your preferences.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Rice Cooker
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Spanish rice recipe, easy rice cooker recipe, how to make Spanish rice, best rice cooker recipes