This Slow Cooker Vegetable Lasagna recipe is the easiest pasta dinner you'll make all winter long! Healthy vegetable lasagna will warm you up in an instant, and leave your kitchen flooded with the rich, delicious smell of Italian cuisine!
- 1 jar Italian tomato pasta sauce (24 ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with the juice (14.5 ounce)
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles with wavy edges
- 3-4 cups chopped vegetables of choice (I used zucchini and fresh spinach)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- In a small bowl combine the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and ricotta or cottage cheese. Place 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture on the bottom of the slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna noodles so that they fit into the slow cooker better (you can see how I did this in the pictures.)
- Cover with about one third of the tomato sauce mixture, chopped vegetables, cheese, and end with noodles. Repeat layers two more times for a total of three complete layers. Covered with a thin layer of sauce and a little bit more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Turn off the slow cooker and let the lasagna sit for one hour before serving so that the noodles can absorb any extra moisture. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan and fresh parsley before serving.
You can use a just about any vegetable that you like. I really liked the zucchini + fresh spinach combo. I have also made this with a variety of things like cooked mushrooms, kale, shredded carrots, and even bell peppers. Use what you like and what you have on hand. The mushrooms were the only thing I cooked ahead of time because I wasn't sure what they would do in the slow cooker.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegetable lasagna recipe, healthy vegetable lasagna, how to make vegetable lasagna, slow cooker lasagna recipe, crockpot lasagna recipe, easy lasagna recipe, easy slow cooker lasagna recipe