Easy Oreo Spider Halloween Snacks are made with cookies, licorice, and chocolate candies and make the perfect edible craft project.
- Oreo cookies, traditional or Double Stuf
- black shoestring licorice
- tube of store-bought icing
- M&M candies
- Cut the shoestring licorice into 2 to 2 1/2 inch pieces (scissors work great for this).
- Push the cut licorice pieces into the Oreo filling, 4 on each side, to look like spider legs.
- Place two small dots of icing at the top of the Oreo and then stick two M&M candies of the same color onto the icing to look like eyes (the icing is the glue to stick the candies on).
- Repeat with remaining cookies and candies.
- Double Stuf Oreos work the best because there’s more filling to help keep the spider legs in. If you don’t have Double Stuf and you find the top is falling off of your normal Oreo when you add the legs, just use a little of the icing to glue the top of the cookie back on. Works like a charm.
- You could use cute candy eyes if you’d like in place of the M&M’s.
- You can find “shoestring” licorice at most well-stocked grocery stores or drug stores like Walgreens. It comes in red too, but I like black the most.
- 1 package of shoestring licorice is about enough for 2 dozen spiders. I normally get 2-3 packages so that I don’t run out.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: halloween food ideas, halloween treats, halloween party snacks, halloween dessert, halloween spider treat