Easy Mexican Black Beans for Tacos or as a side to all your favorite Tex-Mex dishes! Made with canned black beans and lots of vibrant seasonings. The perfect simple side dish for any meal, and great inside tacos and burritos.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (14.5-ounce cans)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and taco seasoning, and heat just until fragrant.
- Add beans, water, and salt. Continually stir until heated through and most of the water evaporates.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro.
- Serve hot as a side, inside your favorite tacos or burritos, or on your favorite nachos or salad.
- I always use cooked dried beans instead of store-bought. If you do this, too, plan on more salt because they’ll need it.
- I make this salsa before I prepare the beans, and when I am ready for the water I just replace it with juice from the salsa. I just pour in the same amount of salsa juice that has collected in the bottom of the bowl. It's an easy way to add even more flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: black beans recipe, easy beans recipe, health side dish idea, easy side dish, black beans side dish