Super flavorful and simple to toss together, Easy Korean Ground Beef and Rice is a staple weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef. It’s okay to let it sit and brown really well before stirring it — the brown will make more flavor!
- When the beef is almost cooked through add the garlic. Cook until the ground beef is is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce mixture to the ground beef, and cook for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from the stove. Serve the beef over hot cooked rice with chopped green onion and sesame seeds as garnish.
- This is a great dish to add some stir-fried vegetables to.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ground beef, rice bowl, 30 minute meal, dinner, easy dinner