This homemade graham cracker recipe is a perfect on-the-go snack and made with honey, whole wheat flour, and a just a few simple ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic butter, melted
- 1/3 cup organic sucanat (dehydrated cane juice), coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 to 2 1/4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Horizon Organic Growing Years milk for serving
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl mix together the honey, water, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add your sweetener of choice and stir to combine well, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine well. Add the additional 1/4 cup of flour as needed to make a tender dough that isn’t sticky but is about the consistency of pie crust.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutters or the top of a cup, place cut pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Gather the scraps, reroll the dough, and repeat with remaining dough.
- Prick the center of each graham cracker with a fork to prevent the dough from rising or swelling too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool and then serve with Horizon Organic Growing Years milk.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can sub out the butter for melted coconut oil if needed.
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: graham crackers, homemade graham crackers, graham cracker recipe, healthy crackers for kids, healthy snacks for kids