These quick and Easy Healthy Banana Muffins are made in the blender with whole grain oats, maple syrup, Greek yogurt and more! This banana muffin recipe is fun and simple.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk or 2% yogurt)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In the jar of your blender, add the oats. Add the lid and process until the oats look like flour, 1-3 minutes.
- Peel and add the bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon to the jar of the blender and blend until smooth, 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips, if using, and stir with a spoon or spatula to combine (don’t blend).
- Pour banana muffin batter into the prepared pans. Top with a few additional chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Bake until the muffins spring back slightly when touched and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan. Serve right away or at room temperature. Store extras in an air-tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
- The chocolate chips are totally optional. Half my family likes them in healthy banana muffins and the other half doesn’t. So I normally pour out six muffins, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the remaining batter, stir, and pour again! Then I’ll top those 6 with a few more chocolate chips so that it’s easy to tell which are which. Easy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 123.9mg
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 33.5mg
Keywords: Breakfast, Banana muffin, Chocolate chip muffin, Easy banana muffin, Banana muffin recipe, Healthy muffin