This easy beef tostada recipe is the perfect weeknight meal with the simple and crunchy tostada shells made quickly in the oven and flavorful toppings that round out the dish!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 to 12 small corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons oil (such as olive or corn oil)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans or refried beans
- Toppings, such as lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, sour cream, hot sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown your ground beef. It's fine to let it sear up and brown on the bottom of the pan. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, and drain any fat.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and salt, and stir to combine.
- While the beef cooks, heat the beans. If using black beans, mash them lightly with the back of a fork, and add a little water and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. to prepare your tostada shells. Brush each side of a tortilla with oil, and place it on a baking sheet (about 6 fit on a sheet). Bake for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the tortillas over, return to the oven, and bake for 4 to 6 more minutes, or until the shells are slightly browned. Remove the shells from the oven, and allow to cool slightly. The shells will finish crisping up as they cool. Repeat with remaining shells.
- To assemble your tostadas, add a tablespoon or two of mashed beans, a tablespoon or two of ground beef, and additional toppings to your liking. Eat right away.
- The tostada shells don't keep well so just make as many as you're going to eat.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake, stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tostada, beef tostada, easy dinner recipe, ground beef recipe