This Easy Egg and Potato Breakfast Casserole will transform your morning with its scrumptious and simple list of ingredients. Eggs, potatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese round out the tasty flavors, with options to personalize it using bacon, sausage, veggies, or garlic powder!
- 6 ounces Potatoes O'Brien (half of a 12-ounce bag, about 1 1/2 cups), thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour the thawed potatoes into the buttered dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, until the center is set.
- Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a great recipe to add things to and make it your own. Add cooked bacon, sausage, or ham to the dish before the cheese for a meatier meal. Add cooked chopped spinach to the egg mixture for more veggies and color. Add more cheese, or part cheddar and part pepper jack, to the top. This is really the bare-bones recipe that is just begging for you to add whatever you have in the fridge. A little garlic powder and green onions in the egg mixture really spruce things up, too.
- I just leave the potatoes on the counter for the afternoon to thaw them. I'm sure the microwave would work, too. I've tried it with frozen potatoes and the texture is not as pleasing.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: breakfast, dinner, brinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggs, egg bake, potatoes, cheese, dinner, breakfast, brinner