Simple and easy Coconut Macaroons made three different ways – coconut, chocolate, and almond chocolate. You can make a few of each from just one batch of cookies!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut (about 1 large package)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- whole almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips for melting + 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, coconut and salt. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Use cookie scoop to drop dough onto cookie sheets. The size of the cookie can vary, though 2 tablespoons of dough makes a great sized cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until coconut is toasted.
- Chocolate Dipped: Heat chocolate chips and butter or shortening until melted and then dip the bottom of cookies in to the chocolate. Let dry before enjoying
- Add mini chocolate chips to dough before baking and bake as directed.
- Add an almond to the center of each of the cookies before baking and then dip the bottoms in chocolate to make almond joy cookies.
The fun part about these cookies is that you can leave some plain, add an almond to some, and dip the bottoms in chocolate, and then add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips to the last part of the dough to make the third kind. You can make all three variations of these coconut macaroons from one batch of cookies. I’ll often make all three so that everyone has more options to choose from.
- The whole almond inside the cookie is fun because it reminds you of an Almond Joy candy bar. You can also mix slivered almonds into the coconut mixture before baking with great success.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy macaroons, coconut macaroons, macaroon idea, how to make macaroons, easy macaroons recipe, DIY macaroons