Rich and fluffy chocolate waffles that aren’t too sweet and make the perfect breakfast topped with buttermilk syrup, berries, and a little whipped cream.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dutch-process cocoa
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat you waffle iron as directed.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine. Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, oil, and milk to the well, and use the whisk to slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir well, until very few lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite topping, such as buttermilk syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- These waffles are not a sweet dessert waffle, so the syrup and berries really make them great.
- I would consider these a bit of a dark chocolate waffle. If you want less of a chocolate flavor, feel free to use 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and increase the all-purpose flour to 1 1/2 cups.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: waffles with chocolate, chocolate waffle mix, chocolate waffle batter recipe, chocolate waffles recipe, best waffle recipe, easy waffle recipe, homemade waffles, chocolate breakfast idea, how to make chocolate waffles,