These Easy Chocolate Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and the perfect simple dessert for celebrations or just for fun!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup light oil (like vegetable, canola, or avocado)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mix, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine well.
- Add the oil, and stir until the oil is combined and the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the water and vinegar and beat well until a smooth batter forms, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Line 30 muffins cups with paper liners.
- Fill the liner half full with cupcake batter.
- If you don't have 30 muffin cups, you can do 24 muffin cups and about 18 mini muffin-sized cupcakes.
- Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- We love this recipe with our favorite Extra Fluffy White Cloud Frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chocolate cupcakes recipe, moist chocolate cupcakes, best chocolate cupcakes, fluffy chocolate cupcakes