These chicken enchiladas are simple, family-friendly and made with only 7 ingredients! This is a great enchilada recipe that guarantees satisfaction at any time of year.
- 1 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I recommend preparing chicken the same way as my chicken taco recipe)
- 2 cups cooked rice (recipe for easy garlic lime rice in the notes)
- 8 ounces Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 1/2 cups pico de gallo, store bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde and sour cream and whisk to combine.
- Add a small layer (about a 1/3 of a cup) of the salsa mixture to the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, add 1/3 cup cooked chicken, 1/3 cup rice, and a tablespoon of shredded cheese. Roll up the burrito, tucking in the ends, and place it in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Add the rest of the salsa mixture to the top of the burritos in the pan and then cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown and everything is heated through, about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with pico de gallo on top.
- The chicken recipe that I linked to is great and has lots of flavor. If you are using something like leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken cooked in bulk, you’ll want to add salt, garlic powder, and some cumin to taste.
- To make garlic lime rice, add 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water, zest of one lime, juice of one lime, and 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt, and cumin to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Easy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 1621.4mg
- Fat: 28.2g
- Carbohydrates: 49.2g
- Protein: 32.5g
- Cholesterol: 70.8mg
Keywords: Chicken Enchilada, Kid Favorite, Easy Enchilada Recipe, Easy Enchilada, Easy Dinner Idea, Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe